Some of the important features about User-Agent Switcher addon are listed below. This is followed by an overview about this addon. This summary contains few words about the addon, its function and features. Next is FAQ, this section is useful to get information about how this addon works in your browser. If you couldn’t find a specific answer, please fill the bug report form in this page or the contact form in the homepage to let us know about your question. Following the FAQ, is the bug report form. It is designed to collect user feedbacks and bugs about this addon. Users can suggest improvements or feature requests through this form too. Next section is for submitting comments about this addon which uses facebook comments plugin. The last section is dedicated to reports submitted through the GitHub website. We hope the information provided in this page, could help you get all the basics you need about this addon and enable you to have a better experience with User-Agent Switcher.
User-Agent Switcher can quickly and easily changes your browser User-Agent. There are 26 popular useragents to choose from!
7 Reasons to Use User-Agent Switcher
Toolbar popup UI provides an easy interface to access all 26 useragents. Clicking on any UA, will change your browsers useragent immediately.
The first row is for mobile useragents including, iOS, Android, Windows Phone Tizen, Symbian and Firefox mobile OS
Second row is for desktop useragents which includes Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, MS Internet Explorer and the new Edge browser by Microsoft.
Third row is for desktop operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Chrome OS, IBM Warp OS/2 and Free-BSD OS.
The last row in the popup UI is dedicated for the control options including a button to change the UA to its default value. And a button to edit the current UA, you can also use it to copy the current UA to the clipboard. Moreover, you can specify a particular URL or domain so that UA is only applied to that URL or domain (detailed description is written below in the FAQ section)
There is also a status-bar in the popup which shows the current UA and other info as you move the mouse within the popup UI.
This Addon is available for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers.
Having multiple useragents in your browser is a great asset. If you are a web developer, sometimes there is need to look into a site as an iOS user, or an Android devise to make sure everything is looking decent and acceptable in those devises. Moreover, some websites make look better in mobile devises while you are surfing in a desktop browser. With useragent switcher you have access to display a webpage or web element from a variety of different systems. This means that you could display a webpage the same way that you might find it on your mobile device or from a Linux browser even if you are using Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Chrome this makes user-agent switcher one of the best tools for testing a website.
Therefore, being able to switch between different useragent on the fly could be a big advantage when you are online. The process for changing user-agents on-the-fly after the extension is installed in your browser is an extremely simple task. You can have up to 25 popular user-agent setups. The main features of useragent switcher are as follows. It has a wide mobile user-agent support. In other words, useragent switcher can quickly switch between iOS, android, and other famous mobile devices. Multiple desktop browser support; you can install this browser application into almost any browser and any operating system. Whether you use Firefox, Opera, chrome or Safari, the Useragent switcher will work with your existing setup. Quick UA change; changing between user-agents in your browser is as simple as clicking the pop-up window and selecting from 25 different listings form available user-agents. If you need to control your browser's user-agent, you should install useragent switcher today. In order to add this Addon to your browser, simply scroll to the Bottom of this page and click on the desired Browser's icon to download the extension (you will be directed to the related addon store in order to download the addon). We do NOT host any extensions/addons/plugins in our website, all the download links will direct you to the related Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari Addon Stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is User-Agent Switcher Addon?
User-Agent Switcher is a multi-browser Addon that helps you quickly change your browsers User-Agent (UA). Simply open the toolbar-popup and click on the desired useragent, selected UA is marked with green border. There is also an option to edit any useragent from the toolbar window (described below).
2. What are the available useragents within the toolbar-popup UI?
There are 26 useragent to choose from. It includes six mobile useragents as following. iOS, an Apple mobile OS for iPhone/iPad devices. Android, a Google OS for various mobile devices. Windows Phone, which is a mobile OS from Microsoft for its windows-phone devices. Tizen, a new mobile OS form Samsung. Symbian, which is an old mobile OS form Nokia (it is not used in any new mobile device anymore). Firefox OS, a new mobile OS form Mozilla Company for mobile devices. The rest are 20 desktop useragents as follows. Chrome, which is a web-browser build by Google. This useragent is available in 4 different operating systems (windows, Linux, mac and chrome-os). Opera, a web-browser build by Opera Software ASA. This useragent is available in 3 different operating systems (windows, Linux, mac). Firefox, which is a web-browser build by Mozilla. This useragent is available in 5 different operating systems (windows, Linux, mac, chrome-os, IBM Warp OS/2). Safari, a web-browser build by Apple. This useragent is available in 3 different operating systems (windows, Linux, mac). The last two are, Internet Explorer and Edge which are web-browsers made by Microsoft. These two useragents are available in only 1 operating systems (windows). If you want to see the useragent strings for each of these useragents, please see the last FAQ in this page.
3. How do I check my browsers useragent?
To see your browsers useragent, you can use many websites that offer this service for Free. (Just search for "what is my useragent" in Google or any other search engines, and follow the resulting websites)
4. How do I switch my browser's user-agent with this extension?
To change your browser useragent, simply open the toolbar-popup and select a useragent from the available 26 useragents. For mobile device useragents, you do not need to select an operating system, but for desktop machines you need to select an operating system as-well.
5. How to disable User-Agent Switcher?
In order to completely disable this Addon, please go to your browsers addon page, find User-Agent Switcher and click on the "Remove" button. But, if you do not want to completely remove this Addon, you can simply open the toolbar popup, and click on the "Switch to Default" button at the bottom left corner. This way, your browsers useragent will be switched to its default value and no actions or changes will be made by this Addon. It is equivalent to disabling the Addon.
6. How can I modify any of the default useragents?
In order to modify any useragent, please open the toolbar-panel UI, then click on your desired useragent. Once the UA is changed, click on the edit button at the bottom right corner in the popup. When you see the edit window opened, make your desired changes and click on the OK button. The UA is updated to the newly entered value. Please note, before editing any useragent make sure the new value is a valid UA, otherwise the Addon will not be able to change your browsers useragent and end up seeing errors in websites that you visit.
7. How can I apply the useragent for a specific website or domain?
If you want the selected useragent to be active on a specific website only, please open the toolbar-panel UI and enter the website address in designated field (input area in the bottom middle section). Please note, if you add a URL in the filed such as (http://mybrowseraddon.com/) the Addon changes the UA only for this URL, but, if you add a domain such as (mybrowseraddon.com or www.mybrowseraddon.com) the UA will be changed for all URLs containing this domain. The difference between a URL and a domain in this Addon is, adding "http://" or "https://" or "ftp://" at the beginning of the URL makes the string a URL. Otherwise, it sees the string as a domain. Moreover, you can separate domains and URLs by comma (i.e. url-1, domain-1, url-2, domain-2, etc.). Another important note is, adding (*) or (all_urls) instead of the URL will apply the UA to all URLs and domains. This is the default behavior for the Addon. In other words, if you do not modify the URL field, the UA will be applied to all websites and domains.
8. How does this Addon changes the browser useragent
In order to change the UA, the Addon works in two separate modes. The first one is in web-request mode where the UA is changed before sending the headers (user-agent header) to the server. The other mode is the navigator useragent, which is changed within the page before it is loaded. This way the browser UA is completely changed for all websites.
9. Is this Addon compatible will all versions of Firefox, Opera and Chrome
Yes, it is fully compatible with all versions of modern browsers including, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It is also fully compatible with the new multi-process Firefox (Firefox Nightly)
10. What are the available useragent strings?
There are 26 useragent string available in this addon, below is the list of all useragents. Please note, you can edit/update any of these strings from the toolbar popup UI once you run the Addon in your browsers.
1. Apple iOS (iPhone) - Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile Safari/600.1.4
2. Google Android (Nexus 5) - Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.4; Nexus 5 Build/KTU84P) AppleWebkit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
3. Microsoft Windows Phone - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0)
4. Samsung Tizen OS - Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Tizen 2.0; en-us) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile TizenBrowser/2.0
5. Nokia Symbian - Nokia5250/10.0.011 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Mozilla/5.0; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/525 3gpp-gba
6. Mozilla Firefox OS - Mozilla/5.0 (Android 4.4; Mobile; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0
7. Chrome Running on MS Windows - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2228.0 Safari/537.36
8. Chrome Running on Linux - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2227.1 Safari/537.36
9. Chrome Running on Mac OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2227.0 Safari/537.36
10. Chrome Running on Chrome OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS i686 3912.101.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36
11. Chrome Running on FreeBSD OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.115 Safari/537.36
12. Opera Running on Windows - Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.0) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.14
13. Opera Running on Mac OS - Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6.8; U; fr) Presto/2.9.168 Version/11.52
14. Opera Running on Linux - Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; Ubuntu/14.10) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16
15. Opera Running on FreeBSD OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; zh-tw; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 Opera/13.0
16. Firefox Running on Windows - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.04
17. Firefox Running on Mac OS - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
18. Firefox Running on Linux - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i586; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
19. Firefox Running on Chrome-OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; CrOS i686 9.10.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
20. Firefox Running on FreeBSD OS - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
21. Firefox Running on IBM Warp OS/2 - Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.0.7
22. Safari Running on Windows - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.20.25 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.4 Safari/533.20.27
23. Safari Running on Mac OS - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_3) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/7046A194A
24. Safari Running on Linux - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.2+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/531.20
25. Internet Explorer Running on Windows - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible, MSIE 11, Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
26. MS Edge Running on Windows - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.135 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.10240
Your feedback goes a long way towards making this addon even better. With this Bug report form, you can submit bugs or suggest enhancements for the functionality or performance of this addon. Please note, this bug report form will be sent to the developer(s) of this addon. You will not get an immediate or personal response at the moment. However, the developer(s) may contact you through the email address provided in this form for further clarifications or requesting additional information regarding the reported bug(s).
This video gives you an idea of how the extension works in your browser.
Comments | Reviews
Please note: keep these reviews clean, and avoid the usage of derogatory or inappropriate language or terminology in references to individuals or groups based on race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, gender and etc. Do not submit bugs in your reviews, use the above bug-report section instead. Also, never post any personal information in these reviews.
GitHub Reports | Fork me on GitHub